Tan berets and other CANSOFCOM, JTF, and CSOR fashions [1st split: CSOR]

Humphrey Bogart

Army.ca Veteran
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
That's it!  CANSOFCOM clearly needs new ranks as well!

I found the Armed Forces Dress Committee Proposal for CANSOF new ranks:

Eye In The Sky

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
Fred Herriot said:
I'm rather ambiguous concerning the issuing of a special "DEU" for the folks at CANSOFCOM.  Technically, it's not an independent service...

But then again, the RCN, C Army and RCAF aren't independent services either, yet each have their Distinct Environmental Uniforms...

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/n-5/page-2.html#h-10

The Canadian Forces are the armed forces of Her Majesty raised by Canada and consist of one Service called the Canadian Armed Forces.

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
Dimsum said:
Duh, it would be just Velcro, along with your name and everything else, because it's tactical.  :rofl:

Odd. These guys didn't have any name tags or badges displayed, but seem to have done well on Mt Longdon regardless.

I guess they didn't get the memo on how displaying lots of badges increases combat power... or something like that.

Attachments

• 3ParaFalklands.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 2,569

Eye In The Sky

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
But notice...their ammo belts are NOT strung the same, 1 has a moustache and one doesn't....and wait.  Is that an issued grenade?  Because if it isn't, you can't use it.  It doesn't matter if it is a better one than your issued one.  Leave your personal grenades at home troops.  Sling those SRAAWs the same their gentlemen...wouldn't want the enemy to see us unprofessional!

Only by looking like clones can you be combat effective.  It must be true...I saw it on Facebook last week.

;D

medicineman

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
You forgot something EITS - their clothing is a bit dirty and the dude on the GPMG needs a shave...

MM

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
medicineman said:
You forgot something EITS - their clothing is a bit dirty and the dude on the GPMG needs a shave...

MM

And an RSM I know would try to give them a hard time for not having the same scrim on their helmets. Seriously.

dapaterson

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
In the category of "Is this Game of Thrones fan art or CAF insignia?", may I offer up the recently approved badge for the CBRN Op occupation?

https://reg.gg.ca/heraldry/pub-reg/project-pic.asp?lang=e&ProjectID=3073&ProjectElementID=10818

Attachments

• 7-130_ChemicalBiologicalRN-Skill-Badge_Arms.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 307

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
dapaterson said:
In the category of "Is this Game of Thrones fan art or CAF insignia?", may I offer up the recently approved badge for the CBRN Op occupation?

https://reg.gg.ca/heraldry/pub-reg/project-pic.asp?lang=e&ProjectID=3073&ProjectElementID=10818

It’s not far wrong .... ancient technology wielded by a mythical, unpleasant beast... :)

brihard

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
dapaterson said:

That’s a pretty cool looking badge.

Some googling shows quite a bit of dragon related regimental heraldry in the US chemical corps, going back many decades... So it looks like it wasn’t just pulled out of thin air as an heraldic element affiliated to the CBRN Task.

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
Brihard said:
That’s a pretty cool looking badge.

Some googling shows quite a bit of dragon related regimental heraldry in the US chemical corps, going back many decades... So it looks like it wasn’t just pulled out of thin air as an heraldic element affiliated to the CBRN Task.

Clearly, one of their tasks isn’t ‘display good taste.’ :)

brihard

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
daftandbarmy said:
Clearly, one of their tasks isn’t ‘display good taste.’ :)

I’m reasonably sure “don’t taste things” is covered in their trade course.

garb811

Army.ca Veteran
Staff member
Directing Staff
Reaction score
Meh, I guess it depends on what you consider "good taste". The CP folks set that bar pretty damn low with their qual badge.

Attachments

• CP Qual badge.png
    292.3 KB · Views: 429

Cloud Cover

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
dapaterson said:

The Singing Sword.

Gorgo

Reaction score
garb811 said:
Meh, I guess it depends on what you consider "good taste". The CP folks set that bar pretty damn low with their qual badge.

And this is for...?