Moose Milk and Other Regimental Drinks

kincanucks

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Drop the vodka and skim milk (wimp) and add half and half cream and french vanilla ice cream.

GUNS

Reaction score
Can't speak for the ingredients of Moose Milk but I know it caused many a soldier( all ranks ) to leave their stomach contents in the van I volunteered to drive for the New Years parties at the different Messes in Lahr. The hourly cleanup were a pain but the Germain Marks were flowing.(tips)

reveng

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Wow nice recipes guys...

I wish I had of known earlier...New years might have been better then I think it will be.

A

aesop081

George Wallace said:
1.14 lt of Dark Rum
1.14 lt of Kahlua
1.14 lt of Vodka
4 lt of vanilla soft scoop ice cream
4 lt of partly skimmed milk

You aren't going to be very popular at the close out party for RIMPAC if thats all you are going to make !!!!

George Wallace

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
cdnaviator said:
You aren't going to be very popular at the close out party for RIMPAC if thats all you are going to make !!!!

Who said anything about RIMPAC.......that is my mug......get your own.

Crown-Loyal

Reaction score
Granted I'm not in the service, or any service for that matter ( one day I will ) but I thought I would add one that my friends and family tend to make, and regret, every once in a while. We call her "BOAT GAS"

What you need.

- 1 very big pale, or small garbage can ( clean ), or crock pot - and a ladle
- depending on the size of bucket used, buy about 4-5 frozen McCain's fruit punch mix - throw it in
- buy lemons, and limes, and strawberries etc and cut up and put in the bucket
- add about 1 bottle vodka, 1 bottle white rum, 2 bottles tequila ( basically whatever you want ) ( bottle generally 40 pounder)
- Stir up until the boat gas eats away at your ladle
- serve to a friend first and watch for negative effects. Usually let the "lab rat" sit for 5 minutes. If all checks out, go nuts. Enjoy the evening.

The fruit adds flavour, but also when all the booze is gone you can eat the alcoholic fruit, that way when your wife/girlfriend asks you if you actually ate anything healthy at the party ( or does that just happen to me? ) you can say "yes dear, i had fruit"

PS - best to keep the wife away from the girlfriend at parties as well.  ;D

Bill Smy

Reaction score
Both the Warrant Officers' and Sergeants' Mess and the Officers' Mess of The Lincoln and Welland Regiment serve versions of "Bull’s Milk" or Moose Milk on New Year's Day. There are at least two recipes:--

Hot version. Heat slowly until warm:
• 80 oz Dark Rum
• 40 oz Brandy
• 40 oz Rye Whisky
• 12 qt Egg Nog

Cold version. May be kept cold by adding a block of ice after mixing:
• 120 oz White Rum
• 26 oz Brandy
• 26 oz Kahlua
• 3 or 4 gal Ice Cream (Chocolate, Vanilla or Neapolitan)
• 2 or 3 gal Milk or Egg Nog
• 1 qt Whipping Cream
• dash Vanilla Extract
• dash Nutmeg

muskrat89

Army.ca Veteran
Staff member
Directing Staff
Reaction score
Well, D9er and I are home tonight. Earlier, I mentioned the recipes for moose milk, and she said "Mmmmmm".  :)

Later, she suggested we make a "mini-batch" for our New Year's Eve in. We did just that, and it's going down a lot smoother than it should  ;D

I hope I'm not sick tomorrow - first day of javelina season, and I need to be up early. Nothing like gutting a stink-pig with a bellyful of rum and curdled cream, topped off with pounding headaches  >:D

geo

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
Hmmm..... mixing your booze?  such a novel approach :)

Scotch - straight up - glass of water on the side
Vodka - iced, straight up
Dark Rhum - straignt up or mixed.

muskrat89

Army.ca Veteran
Staff member
Directing Staff
Reaction score
Not mixing per se - we're sticking with the moose milk  ;)

gaspasser

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
We used to have an interesting concoction at the Jr Ranks mess in 33 SVC BN in Halifax.  Not sure if they still  (try) to serve it.  TN2IC, back me up on that one, will ya?

How to make Deisel Fuel:

1 oz of ALL bottles on the bar in a bar pitcher. Place in draft glass (or smaller if you're too scared to try) Drink 'til she's gone.
Don't remember too much after three glasses. 

Happy New Year, Please Don't Drink and Drive.

you might spill yur beer...

Edward Campbell

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Donor
Mentor
Reaction score
In one place in which I had the great pleasure to serve for a while the house drink for special and not so special occasions was Black Velvet - equal parts Guinness and champagne!

Just thinking about it brings back fond memories.

marshall sl

Reaction score
Served by the Officer's Mess of the Seaforth Highlanders of Canada:
ATHEL BROSE (loosely translated "nectar of the gods"

1 lb honey 2 1/2 c steel cut oats (NOT rolled)
2 c. water
1/2 gallon scotch

Mix all ingredients( but scotch), warm gently on low heat only until blended. Remove from heat, let cool and stir in scotch. Allow mixture to soak overnight w/ secure cover. Strain oat mixture from liquid and discard (or use for bread). Place liquid in glass jar and swirl (or roll) daily for 2-4 weeks.Several months if you can stand it ! Try not to open the container as you go to keep contaminants out.
The longer you wait the smoother it gets! Strain one last time and serve to all!

geo

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
Hmm... hope it's only bar scotch you're puttin your concoction.

marshall sl

Reaction score
Not mine,the officers serve it to the WOs and Sgts at Levee. We served Rum and Eggnog

Strike

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
My moose milk always has both white and dark rum along with the kalhua and vodka.  Breyers vanilla ice cream and homogonized milk round it out nicely.  Nutmeg AND cinnamon are a must

Was once at a Christmas party where the moose milk had eggs mixed into it.  It didn't sit too well.  Blahh!

Also heard about a recipe that also included Bailey's, but that just seems too weird.

Solomance

Reaction score
I have yet to join, swear in on the 11th of the new year. But in conversation leading up to the holidays I was told about a drink mix/tradition of barracks box punch.

Pour all drinks brought to the function in a clean barracks box.
Stir.
Serve while standing in the barracks box.

Any basis in reality to this at all or was this a pure wind up?

762gunner

Reaction score
    No truckers seem to remember the ubitiquious "Transfer Case":

- 1 oz Grand Marnier
    - 1 oz Tia Maria
    - 1oz  Amaretto

Pour into a suitable large shot glass.  This mess mixes into a dark mucky sludge that resembles something from your Ford truck's... Used to be a welcome for MSE Ops that got their cap badge.