• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chinese Military,Political and Social Superthread

Colin Parkinson

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
Keeping in mind the fishing fleet is partly organized as a militia, so not only is it a commercial operation, but a paramilitary arm of the PLAN/CCP.

cavalryman

Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Let's face reality. The People's Republic of China poses an existential threat to the rest of the planet.

MilEME09

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score

Phillipines is done talking nicely apparently

Altair

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score

Phillipines is done talking nicely apparently
I really do wish that all diplomats could talk like this without being fired.

Kirkhill

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score

CBH99

Army.ca Veteran
Donor
Reaction score
Imagine if Jeff Bezos crossed some undocumented social line, and disappeared.

That's what happened to Jack Ma, head of Alibaba.

It's odd to say that I would be extremely surprised if they did anything to Jack Ma, given how high profile he is. His company is world known, and he has become a popular figure online, and is frequently asked to be a speaker at a variety of events. Given his wealth, status, and high profile -- I would be extremely surprised if he was 'disappeared' by the state, the same way a lowly commoner would be.

Why I feel odd about the above is because I EQUALLY would be unsurprised if they silenced him somehow.

Colin Parkinson

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
This is likley to impact the supply and cost of solar panels here in North America Solar Panels from China: The Next Forced Labor Battleground: - Harris Bricken

The campaign against Xinjiang cotton evidently rankled China, but a new focus of attention is emerging: solar panels. In the past, there were allegations “that forced labor in Xinjiang has been used to produce polysilicon, a key component for making solar panels.” Now a report from Sheffield Hallam University points to forced labor use in the “mining and processing of quartz, the raw material at the very start of the solar panel supply chain.”