• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All things Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)

HiTechComms

Reaction score
So I think I some how got the Covids.

Started with a Headache on Tuesday morning, felt a bit run down. Night time I had a bit of fever, Wednesday bigger headache, kidneys hurt, much more sever fever. Called covid hotline Thursday to get a test but my province is by appointment and they would contact me in 24 hours,. Friday no symptoms just a little tired. Today I feel great.

I socially distance, wear a mask and gloves, still got it. Unless it was not the covids but then again the government eliminated the "cold" and the "flu" this year so it has to be the covids.

Oh and the province never called me back, so no test.

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
No cough? No sore throat? Sounds more like a kidney or urinary tract infection. JMHO.

lenaitch

Reaction score

Remember this 1 year ago?

Sounds like somebody's not big on the authority of sovereign states. Using the term "global governance" is a bit scary and will no doubt be enthusiastically quoted by conspiracy theorists.

Fishbone Jones

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
So, if this was a quarantine facility, was it the feds that contracted the security firms?

HiTechComms

Reaction score
No cough? No sore throat? Sounds more like a kidney or urinary tract infection. JMHO.
Majority of people exposed to Covid virus have not symptoms or very light symptoms.
As I have a functional immune system and have no comorbidity and not over the age of 65. I am part of the majority. Sick for about total of 3 days. 2 Days with headaches and 1 with a Fever.

Just learned a long time ago to listen to my body. Any time my lower back hurts feels like a very dull ache, its really kidneys doing work. They always ache when I am getting sick. , like an early warning system.

Also I don't live in Wainwright :p So getting a Urinary track infection is highly unlikely, also for a male to get that infection is far less likely then covid.

HiTechComms

Reaction score
Well, I used to be a Med A. But what do I know.... :unsure:

Occam's Razor.. Covid or Urinary infection. :unsure: Any who I was "sick" for like 2 days. No big deal. It could have been something else as well.

Doing diagnosis over the internet is what I would call about as effective as doing it over the phone.

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
Sad.... and scary

Extended pandemic feeding the anxieties of B.C.’s youth

Parents not sure what to do, urged to reach out for help

Lately, when 15-year-old K (name withheld to protect identity) arrives outside her school in Campbell River, nervousness sets in.

Her legs start shaking, her entire body begins to tremble and she gives way to uncontrollable sobbing.

Her parents eventually turn the car around and take her back home, to try again the next day.

The heightened anxiety attacks are new for both K and her parents, especially because their daughter is an above average student and has never had a problem going to school until a couple months ago, says K’s mother.

To add to the dilemma, new COVID-19 regulations require students to sit at one place for five hours with minimal interactions with their classmates and focus on one subject for five straight weeks. Missing one day of school leaves a student with a gap of five hours of math class, says K, and adding further to her anxiety.

While psychiatrists are seeing behavioural relapse in individuals who are on medications and were reasonably well controlled previously, they are also witnessing an increase in number of youths without previous diagnosis.

“It’s not just a pandemic of coronavirus in Campbell River, we have a pandemic of mental health exacerbation as well,” says Coetzee.

Wendy Richardson, executive director of the John Howard Society of North Vanouver Island said there is a spike in mental health issues among children as young as 11.

“Our mental health counselors have been working with kids with a lot of additional anxiety and suicide ideation,” she said and added, “It has been alarming… Suicide is high on our radar.”

“The reason I say it’s scary is because, historically, it’s not an age group where suicide ideation has been high on our list of things they are dealing with,” she said.

https://www.saanichnews.com/news/ex...TibtX1AGzt2hpxdz9pSG47so_NsVWTHMV2eq6yxyiGmfM

Kat Stevens

Army.ca Fixture
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Saw D and B's post about the pandemic economy in another thread. Replying here to avoid a possible "derail".

Even as the pandemic raged on in February,

TORONTO ― The Toronto Regional Real Estate Board says the housing market remained on fire in February with the average price surpassing $1 million for the first time.​

“It’s also evident that the supply of listings is not keeping up with demand, which could present an even larger problem once population growth picks up following widespread vaccinations later this year and into 2022.”

Young people may want to start having families again.

( Sorry for the bold type in some places. That's the computer, not me. )
In my hometown of Gibsons BC, property has gone up 35% in the past year. What plague?

mariomike

Army.ca Legend
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
In my hometown of Gibsons BC, property has gone up 35% in the past year. What plague?
"October 2009, the town was declared the "Most Liveable Community in the World" (under 20,000 population) at the international Livcom Awards."

Sounds like a great place to retire.