• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CT questions regarding initial contract

Reaction score
Good day,
I am currently 7 months out from finishing my initial contract in the reg force. I am seriously considering CT’ing and getting in to the reserves. Can anyone tell me if this is possible without my initial being fulfilled??
I have a Class B offer for as soon as I am able to do it, but with covid going on, I don’t know who to ask or contact about this. Thank you

mariomike

Army.ca Legend
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
Airforcelady97 said:
I am seriously considering CT’ing and getting in to the reserves.

For reference to the discussion,

Component Transfer (CT) - Regular to Reserve [MERGED]
https://army.ca/forums/threads/30459.75
5 pages.

winds_13

Reaction score
Airforcelady97, as far as I am aware, you will need to request a voluntary release (VR) if you wish to end your RegF contract earlier than its expiration date.

da1root

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
Airforcelady97 said:
Good day,
I am currently 7 months out from finishing my initial contract in the reg force. I am seriously considering CT’ing and getting in to the reserves. Can anyone tell me if this is possible without my initial being fulfilled??
I have a Class B offer for as soon as I am able to do it, but with covid going on, I don’t know who to ask or contact about this. Thank you

It is sometimes possible to end your TOS early (especially for work); you'd need to request an early termination -get in touch with your Career Manager to find out the possibility and what is required from you to do so.