• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All things Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)

HiTechComms

Reaction score
1. No it's not. Technically, it could be disbanded tomorrow. If it were a right, foreign citizens injured would be covered because the SCOC ruled in 1985 that the Charter applies to all on Canadian soil.

2. Answered above.

3. Health care is stressed during flu season, but not overrun. The WHO estimates about 650,009 people worldwide die form diseases linked to influenza. One year in, the US alone has lost ~468,000 to Covid.; worldwide it is estimated to be about 2,350,000. Common cold indeed.

4. Given that we are about one year in, I imagine it takes several years just to plan a hospital let alone build one.

5. You call call it whatever you like, although I will grant that there seems to be some 'sensitivities' around it, probably because Trump was trying to weaponize the term. There seems to be little angst calling the variants by their country of origin.
3. None of those stats are trustworthy especially from USA because they have been heavily edited by MSM (unless you go to CDC source which most people are to dumb and lazy to look at), yet the democratic states still are on top of the heap of deaths. Having said that Everything has been now "covid" death even car accidents. The WHO, oh please does any one believe anything these flippen clowns say any more.. They did say COVID is not human to human transmissible, they are nothing but a political puppet. TB kills 1.5 million people deaths a year but Cardio vascular disease kills even more. Lets not forget the majority of people that died of covid had an average 2.7 comorbididies.
Lets completely discount the fact that we have an Aging population. All provinces in Canada except for Alberta have more people over 65 then under 15. Oh noes OLD people die! The entitlement that we can somehow keep people alive forever at any cost is just beyond ludicrous. Didn't some of the battles in WW1 have 40k thousand allied soldiers die in AN HOUR?!!

We are trashing our economy, we are destroying the future generations by never looking at the actual economic and societal costs.

Oh lets just forget we have 7.8 billion people on this mud ball, aren't we all gone die of Global warming any way, haven't they been advocating for "having less people" ?

4. Yeah if you leave it to the morons in the Government. Just like the procurement system in the CAF.

5. Yeah the Chinese Communists can whine about it. But then again I don't give a flying rats butt about an ethno-fascist state that has concentration camps for Religious minorities which they harvest people for body parts, experimentation and rape. SO BOO FRIGGEN HOO about what the Commies whine about. Oh and TAIWAN is the real China.

Shower thought:
If I had to release a bio weapon I would have done something like encephalitis that damages the brain. Man that would have been complete country killer. System supporting any one that had brain damage in the general population would collapse any society.

Last edited:

FM07

Reaction score
Hey, I am on here. :p

And there are also very many entitled, whiny, narcissistic, opinionated people, who hide behind the anonymity of the Internet and cast aspersions on all and sundry, based on their tantrum of the moment. When I grew up, saying something derogatory like this to someone's face would likely get you a punch in the head, and rightly so. Fast forward 40 years, and it is the Wild West all over again, except that transgressors don't get killed in a gunfight. Pity that, because one effect it had was "pour encourager les autres"

My apologies, that did come across as insensitive, and it wasn't my intention to offend. By 'fat' I meant self-imposed obesity which is indeed a problem in our country. Our society, imho, does not make it easy to stay healthy and in many cases, celebrates the opposite approach. In regards to the covid situation, one's habits, healthy or otherwise, sets the tone for that persons covid defense. Our society encouraging the population to adopt healthy habits (eating right, exercising etc), would go a long way in easing the woes of this virus.

Thanks,

HiTechComms

Reaction score
My apologies, that did come across as insensitive, and it wasn't my intention to offend. By 'fat' I meant self-imposed obesity which is indeed a problem in our country. Our society, imho, does not make it easy to stay healthy and in many cases, celebrates the opposite approach. In regards to the covid situation, one's habits, healthy or otherwise, sets the tone for that persons covid defense. Our society encouraging the population to adopt healthy habits (eating right, exercising etc), would go a long way in easing the woes of this virus.

Thanks,
Whats funny is that its ok to Shame people for not wearing masks and not following social distancing but for some reason its NOT OK to Shame people and point out the fact that FAT/Obese people are a bigger threat to the medical system. shrug

Good2Golf

Army.ca Legend
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
Whats funny is that its ok to Shame people for not wearing masks and not following social distancing but for some reason its NOT OK to Shame people and point out the fact that FAT/Obese people are a bigger threat to the medical system. shrug
Because obesity and COVID are equally transmissible... 🙄

HiTechComms

Reaction score
Because obesity and COVID are equally transmissible... 🙄
Its not a zero sum game. The only thing in commonality between the two is that it is marketable and being sold en masse.

You still haven't addressed the fact that the NUMBER #1 comorbidity of Covid deaths is Obesity. Look at the numbers, statistics, deaths.

Just because one is transmissable and you are trying to justify the removal of freedoms of rights because majority of these people that are dying from covid cannot control themselves by stuffing their pie holes with to much food doesn't some how absolve those people of their own responsibility of their own actions. But I am suppose to give up my freedoms and pay for it with my labour through taxes because those people keep stuffing their faces. Diseases that communicable are not the primary killers of humans any way, non communicable diseases are.

So yeah.. Sorry friggen boohoo, cry me a whambulance. I will wear a mask because I am doing my part but if your FAT I will point that out because you are not doing your part and you are part of the bigger problem (pun intended). FAT people should be shamed.

I have struggled with weight all my life since my metabolism is very efficient (unlike the majority of people saying its slow) I don't require that much energy to live. I love food and enjoy it but I don't want to get diabetes or heart problems, I have seen what it does to people first hand. Its called self control, and discipline and out of all the people in the world this forum should know that. Shaming and peer pressure works.

Yes I understand there are medical conditions/disease/sports exceptions.

Any one getting offended at the FAT point is most likely FAT them selves.

PMedMoe

Army.ca Legend
Donor
Reaction score
You still haven't addressed the fact that the NUMBER #1 comorbidity of Covid deaths is Obesity. Look at the numbers, statistics, deaths.
But it isn't obesity, it's hypertension.

42399_2020_363_Fig3_HTML.jpg

Comorbidity and its Impact on Patients with COVID-19

Dementia or Alzheimer's are the most common comorbidities associated with COVID-19 deaths

But you just keep on fat shaming people. Must be a terrible burden to be so perfect. 🙄

Bruce Monkhouse

Army.ca Myth
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
Good thing this virus isn't targeting 40-something army wannabes with bad attitudes. What would we all do then??

Oh yes, whatever we could do too protect someone like that......

Good2Golf

Army.ca Legend
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
Its not a zero sum game. The only thing in commonality between the two is that it is marketable and being sold en masse.

Just because one is transmissable and you are trying to justify the removal of freedoms of rights because majority of these people that are dying from covid cannot control themselves by stuffing their pie holes with to much food doesn't some how absolve those people of their own responsibility of their own actions. But I am suppose to give up my freedoms and pay for it with my labour through taxes because those people keep stuffing their faces. Diseases that communicable are not the primary killers of humans any way, non communicable diseases are.

So yeah.. Sorry friggen boohoo, cry me a whambulance. I will wear a mask because I am doing my part but if your FAT I will point that out because you are not doing your part and you are part of the bigger problem (pun intended). FAT people should be shamed.

I have struggled with weight all my life since my metabolism is very efficient (unlike the majority of people saying its slow) I don't require that much energy to live. I love food and enjoy it but I don't want to get diabetes or heart problems, I have seen what it does to people first hand. Its called self control, and discipline and out of all the people in the world this forum should know that. Shaming and peer pressure works.

Yes I understand there are medical conditions/disease/sports exceptions.

Any one getting offended at the FAT point is most likely FAT them selves.
So let me get this right, according to you, we should shame:
  • mask non-wearers
  • fat people
  • public servants
  • politicians
  • military members
  • forum members who just don’t have as much experience and awesomeness as you
  • others that we haven’t mentioned yet, but that you would no doubt feel should be shamed

Check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check.

Don’t forget to shame your peer recruits during basic training when they’re not living up to your expectations.

HiTechComms

Reaction score
But it isn't obesity, it's hypertension.

42399_2020_363_Fig3_HTML.jpg

Comorbidity and its Impact on Patients with COVID-19

Dementia or Alzheimer's are the most common comorbidities associated with COVID-19 deaths

But you just keep on fat shaming people. Must be a terrible burden to be so perfect. 🙄

Hyper Tension

HMMM Obesity causes HyperTension.

I am not perfect but it doesn't require perfection not to stuff your face.

HiTechComms

Reaction score
So let me get this right, according to you, we should shame:
  • mask non-wearers
  • fat people
  • public servants
  • politicians
  • military members
  • forum members who just don’t have as much experience and awesomeness as you
  • others that we haven’t mentioned yet, but that you would no doubt feel should be shamed

Check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check, check.

Don’t forget to shame your peer recruits during basic training when they’re not living up to your expectations.
Where did I list that shaming list. Is that just your projection? Maybe sometimes people in a certain group have a positive feedback loop issue and when a dissenting opinion is seen as an attack? Maybe when you have the consensus constantly agreeing with each other you require then tenth men out to disagree out of principle in order to prevent an echo chamber? Some people refer to this as "Diversity"

Fat people should be shamed.
I never said shame maskers in fact I am pro masks. I just think its hypocritical to shame one and not the other.

Well maybe we should add Politicians to that list.. :p

Oh I see you trying to shame me based on your personal projections. I have not attacked anyone on this forum I simply pointed out facts and hypocrisy.
If you would actually know me in person and worked with me I never stoop to what you are accusing me off. I have always tried and always try to elevate my coworkers and subordinates.

HiTechComms

Reaction score
It can be one of the factors, yes. But that still doesn't make your claim of obesity being the #1 COVID comorbidity correct.
So if you take Hypertension as comorbidity and discount obesity as one of the root causalities then yes you are correct. You got me on that technicality. I will give you that.

So people with Hypertensions caused by their Fat and fat people are the primary reason why you might die of covid but saying hey your Fat and should do something about it is forbidden?

PMedMoe

Army.ca Legend
Donor
Reaction score
But obesity isn't contagious. I know that's hard to wrap your head around, since you seem to have the health problems of the world solved.

HiTechComms

Reaction score
But obesity isn't contagious. I know that's hard to wrap your head around, since you seem to have the health problems of the world solved.
I understand that obbesity is not contagious like a virus, what you are missing is that its not a zero sum game. Then again Social interaction have contagious behavior, Divorced friends tend to be detrimental to married couple, Obese families tend to have obese children, but that's not my point.
Just because you have one problem it doesn't mean you stop addressing other problems that are compounding original problem even more.

PMedMoe

Army.ca Legend
Donor
Reaction score
Just because you have one problem it doesn't mean you stop addressing other problems that are compounding original problem even more.
I never said you shouldn't. But it isn't the be all/end all health cure you seem to think it is.

Good2Golf

Army.ca Legend
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
If you would actually know me in person and worked with me I never stoop to what you are accusing me off. I have always tried and always try to elevate my coworkers and subordinates.
...and yet your arrival on this site has been a long litany of things wrong with Canada, Canadian society, Canadian Public Servants, Canadian Military, obese Canadians, etc. You wax for the equality with which citizens were treated in your country of birth, and talk about the softness and entitlement of Canadians, especially public servants, and how industry is so much nobler, and yet you also seem driven to leave a senior IT position in industry to join an organization that you say represents the less desirable entitled part of society.

You’re all over the place, taking significant liberty with context of facts and espousing linkages that don’t exist, then snapping back when people call you in precisely the things you have said as well
as implied. Play the misunderstood victim of our contextual ignorance as you wish, but don’t be surprised when people continue to call you on factual or logical leaps that have little basis in reality.

$0.02