Usually the combat arms trades (i.e. infantry) progress at a more accelerated rate than other trades. However, promotions are merit based after Captain. And as there are "Corporals for Life", the same can also be said for Captains.
My old Fire Chief was a retired WO with the CF as a firefighter. He confirms that the training received in the CF is second to none. A lot of guys who end up retiring usually land a gig as a Fire Chief civilian side with ease.
1. You could but you would still need the proper CFAT score for officer.
2. No, this is for NCM’s wanting to move to Officers spots. And you would still need the proper CFAT score to do so.
3. You would be a no-hook Private.
4. After a few years usually.
1. Usually you can retake...
English (or French) Language Arts and Mathmatics. More so to score an outstanding aptitude test score, that way you can qualify for infantry. And if down the road you want to switch trades you can switch to any trade you want.